Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Weil sie Freunde sind

Hey dudes. So I officially finished all of my finals last Wednesday night. Well, sort of. I still might have a paper due on Halloween, but I'm not 100% sure if I have to do it. Because–as always–I'm a little clueless. But anyways, this  means a series of goodbyes, frantically checking things off a growing to-do list, and–of course–parties. The last part has been pretty fun thus far.


Max came up from Ravensburg on Friday night  after my day at the Freibad and on a Stockerkahn (read: becoming rather sunburned). We went to a party in Prinz Karl, and pretty much every human I know it Tübingen was there. It was awesome to see him one last time before I leave this fine country of his, but what was also super great was that my two Maxes finally got to meet each other. It kind of felt like everything coming together. This party was also pretty fun for all the flunky ball playing and an interesting conversation I had with a rather condescending Dane about Friedrich Nietzsche. Which may not sound fun. But then you must consider it's me that we're talking about here. 

Then on Saturday Max and I drove back to Ravensburg to meet his parents and best friend, Mark. But Max didn't know that, as it was a surprise for his birthday. The look on his face when he found out was priceless. It was particularly funny, because getting him to actually get out of Tübingen was a bit of a struggle–I couldn't think of a single good reason that I had to be in Ravensburg at 4. 

But yeah, we spent the rest of the weekend eating and hanging out with his friends and family and seeing Ravensburg stuff, which seems to pretty much mean a series of towers. 

Which now leaves me to the less fun stuff. Everything is ending, like really truly ending. I ex-matriculated from the Uni-Tübingen today, which I guess mostly just means that I paid my 3€ worth of library fines. (It was two days, Tübingen! Two days!) And I still have to do things like close my bank account, de-register with the country, and pack. On top of that, I keep on saying goodbye to people that I may never see again–something which hits you kind of hard. 

So yeahs, that's about my life right now: goodbyes and to-do lists. But I am also looking forward to going to Norway in a week. That shall be a fjord-filled adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment