Saturday, July 12, 2014

Die Krise, Continued

And yesterday it officially began, the whole saying goodbye to people (maybe forever) thing. I know there's Facebook and all that, and that I can come back maybe–hopefully–but it's still weird. The knowledge that everything is ending and quickly. It makes each second I spend writing this stupid paper seem like kind of a waste–but hey, at least everyone else has finals too. 

Theodor left on Thursday to go back to Norway. That was the first one, which was only made slightly better by the fact that I will see him in Oslo in a few weeks. But then there was Unterwegs. Yesterday was the Ende des Jahres Awards Show, which was a couple hours of laughs, food, photo booths, dancing ridiculously, air bands, and fun. Speaking of laughs, here's the link to possibly the funniest thing that I have heard in a month. It's an Unterweg-s made radio drama, called Freiwillig. (Sorry, bros, it's auf Deutsch.) It's about fictitious volunteer firemen in Tübingen, and I don't think I am overstating it when I say it's nothing short of hilarious. But again, in German. Motivation for learning German, yeah! However, at the end of this wonderful event, there were goodbyes. The Unterwegs Team is going back to the States for the next six weeks. So I had to say (vielleicht permanent) goodbyes. That was hard.


It is so hard to leave–until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world. –John Green

John Green is a very smart man, but I don't know if he's correct on this one. I don't know if stepping on that bus to the Stuttgarter Flughafen will be "the easiest goddamned thing in the world." But one thing's for sure, I'm in the "it is so hard" part right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment